Driveway Snow Windrow Clearing Program
What is a windrow?
A snow windrow is the pile of snow that accumulates at the end of driveways during road plowing, which can be difficult for seniors and individuals with disabilities to remove.
Together with the support of Links2Care, the town has developed a program to assist these individuals. Registration is now closed.
Program runs December 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013.
Eligible Oakville residents include:
- Seniors 65 years of age or older (proof of age is required)
- Persons with a physical disability (a doctor's note is required)
Registrants will also need to sign a declaration stating that no able-bodied person under the age of 65 is living at their residence.
There is a non-refundable user-fee of $82.50 plus HST ($93.23) per winter season.
Registration must be done in person at:
250 Wyecroft Road, Unit #2
Download the 2012 registration form (pdf, 76 kB) or pick one up at:
- All Town of Oakville libraries
- All Town of Oakville Community entres
- Town Hall
- Sir John Colborne Seniors' Centre
- Kerr Street Seniros' Centre
For more information: