Studies & Plans
Environmental assessments, engineering studies and designs
Major municipal construction projects are sometimes preceded by a pre-engineering study or an environmental assessment study.
For review current design and construction projects please visit the Design and Construction Projects and Standards page.
Transportatrion Master Plan Study - Switching Gears (2031)
The Town of Oakville has recently released a draft of the Transportation Master Plan Study – Switching Gears. This study was presented to Town Council at its meeting on July 3, 2012. For details please visit the Transportation Master Plan page.
Recently completed traffic engineering studies
- 2013 Pedestrian Crossover Conversion Program (pdf, 900 kB)
- Pedestrian Signal Warrant Review (pdf, 4.6 MB)
- Great Lakes Boulevard Roadway Review (pdf, 3.5 MB)
- 2012 Oakville Road System Report (pdf, 3.9 MB)
Recently completed environmental assessment studies
- Third Line extension North of Dundas Street
- Fourth Line Class Environmental Assessment (Speers Road to North Service Road)
- Speers Road Environmental Assessment Study (Bronte Road to Kerr Street)
- Kerr Sreet Grade Separation, Environmental Assessment Study
Environmental assessment studies scheduled to begin or currently underway
- Sixth Line Class Environmental Assessment – Dundas Street to New Burnhamthorpe Road
Projects coordinated with the Halton Region
To review projects currently coordianted with The Region of Halton please visit the Halton Region website for more details.
Noise studies and noise attenuation programs
- Town of Oakville Noise Attenuation Wall Retrofit Policy (pdf, 430 kB)
- Noisewalls – Region of Halton Noise Abatement Program
Engineering and Construction 10-year capital forecast
For more information contact:
Engineering and Construction
905-845-6601, ext. 3398 or 3302